Friday’s Election 2011 Prayer Points
19 Then I said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall.20 Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”
· To see a righteous government, we need to pray that the hearts of Canadians would be turned toward righteousness. This begins in the House of the Lord.
· For responsible media that would steward their role in communicating the platforms and issues of the election with integrity in a non-partisan and fair way. God is our compass to guide us to whom we are to vote for.
· Pray that the format of the upcoming televised debates will promote honour and dignity as the candidates communicate their party platforms, rather than this becoming a time of personal attacks..
· Some ridings have still not chosen candidates and have until April 11th to file their nomination papers with Election Canada. Pray that the Holy Spirit will prompt anyone who is supposed to allow their name to stand.
· Pray for the families and staff of the various candidates that they would be given endurance and protection at this time. That they will have many volunteers to help with their campaigns.
· That the Body of Christ will not agree with the statement “we don’t want another election”, but rather, we will be engaged and this will be seen in persevering prayer throughout the election campaign.